Spring has arrived! There’s no better time than now to get your Carlisle, PA outdoor living space back to looking its best. Here are a few special tips for our Carlisle community to get you started. When you’re through, you’ll feel like HGTV just redid your whole exterior. Minus the fancy television host waiting to interview you.
• Give everything a good washing: Buy or borrow a pressure washer and go to town on the exterior of your home. Just be mindful of what you’re spraying. Many washers allow you to adjust the pressure, so that you can clean your siding with a low pressure spray, while blasting your bricks with a higher pressure.
• Waterproof: Once you’ve finished with the house, pressure wash the deck and driveway. Once they are dried, reseal them with a waterproof sealer. Give the sealant a day or so to dry completely before using them again.
• Gut the gutters: Clean out all of the gunk and funk that has accumulated in the gutters over the winter months. While you’re up there, you may want to check for cracks in the seams. If you find one, get out the caulking gun and reseal it with a new tube of silicon. Your home and your wallet will thank you.
• Get in the gardens: Your beds may look like they’ve been through a war. Not to fear – a fresh layer of mulch and some trimming shears may be just what the garden doctor ordered. Herbs in particular can get really unruly – feel free to cut back half of the stem to take away that leggy look.
• Sweet storage: Once you’ve spent your time and energy sprucing up your property, the last thing you want is to clutter it up with all of the tools you used to clean it up. Utilize the garage or shed to its maximum potential by organizing your equipment and keeping things tidy and easy to access. If by chance you are still in need of some space to store your stuff, we know a great self-storage facility to rent from. Just sayin’.
From the team at Trindle Self Storage, Happy Spring Carlisle!